Another year just said goodbye and new hopes, new dreams, new challenges are already booming and starting to tingle in my mind. How was your 2015? Was it a successful year? Did you manage to fulfill all or part of your to-do list, that you prepared during the end of 2014? Anyhow, this post is not to question you about how you performed in 2015, but to give you three advices to help you to shape up your year 2016.
- Prepare a to-do list and fill it with activities you are going to engage in 2016. To make things easier, break down your to-do list to each month (Jan to Dec) and arrange your activities around each month. When arranging your tasks / activities, make sure you prioritize them according to the importance, not by the duration it will take to finish the task. Well, if a task takes good six months to successfully finish, no point you are starting it at the third quarter of the Year. A six-month long task must be a highly important task, so it should be within the first few items in first few months in your to-do list. Preparing a to-do list on its own will not put you into the right track. You need to work according to your list. So, the commitment is a key behavior you need to practice.
- Learn new skills. Learning new things will always increase your knowledge, no matter what you do or where you coming from. A new thing can be anything such as a cooking skill, sports skill, hobby or even try to sing a song and put it into YouTube to see how your friends enjoy your voice. How about mastering the art of Espresso coffee roasting / how to make a good coffee in 2016? If your are fancy, check this post.
This is going to be an exciting blog post for me. The reason being, I am writing this post whilst I am traveling on a plane. I am on my usual annual leave and at the minute flying with Sri Lankan Airlines UL504 heading from London to Colombo, Sri Lanka. Well, the flight took off like 10 minutes ago and the cabin is bit shaky, due air pockets I guess (not sure though).
Let’s talk about an interesting topic today. Let’s talk about being “yourself”. Well, the topic is a bit random I know but, it is still worth reading. What does actually mean by being yourself? Well, it isn’t that hard to answer, isn’t it? Each and everyone is unique in their own ways. I am not actually talking about being unique, undoubtedly everyone is unique in their own way. But, I believe in being yourself got more to offer than being unique. I have experienced in my life that being yourself is really a beautiful thing.
To reveal the real person behind you, firstly, you need to thoroughly understand yourself. Nobody can help in this but you. As you grow older you will explore more things within yourself. Some people realise this when they are really old, but some lucky people will understand this in very early stage in their lives. The reason why I highlighted this factor is, to be yourself, first you need to understand yourself very well. Continue reading
Find below, 10 key qualities to master in your life no matter who you are and what you do.
- Whatever you do, always begin with the end in mind.
- If you have multiple tasks to do, always start with the most important task (highest priority), irrespective of the size of the task.
- Attach to goals rather than people. People will eventually follow when they find out you are goal oriented.
- Treat your parents, family, friends & colleagues with great respect and love. In return, do not expect anything.
- Do not be a typical go getter, instead, be a go giver.
- Be responsible for whatever you do. Do not try to give excuses at any cost. If you did a mistake, accept it, apology and move on.
- Do not dwell in history. Take lessons from your history and plan your future accordingly with great confidence.
- Do not do the same mistake more than once. Otherwise it will become a routine or a habit. (Look at 6 above)
- Be kind to each and every living being you meet no matter who they are or what they do, but be careful.
- Never go against your gut feeling. Because your mind knows what is good and what is bad.
Origin :- Lord Buddha’s teachings, Brian Tracy, personal experience & here and there 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free have your feedback in the comments section below 🙂